Covid-19 court closure extension:  San Bernardino County Courts remain closed until April 30, 2020 except for emergency matters.  The court website lists all emergency matters that the courts will still hear.  Please note that not all courthouses will be open for emergency matters.  All other matters are continued until further notice.  Feel free to give us a call if you have a pending criminal case.  We are following social distancing protocal, and will not hold in person meetings.  We can still hold phone consultations, Zoom consultations, and process contracts digitally if you'd like to hire us to handle your case.  You can call or text us at (909)55-HELP-U. That's  (909)554-3578.  For more information, visit the San Bernadino Court website at https://www.sb-court.org/implementation-emergency-relief-effective-april-3-2020
Riverside County Courts are only available for emergency services until April 17, 2020.  Visit the Riverside Court website for more information at https://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/PublicNotices/COVID-19-Court-Operations.php

The Vargas Law Offices specializes in criminal defense and immigration law.  We are here to help our clients achieve the best outcome in their cases.  

Criminal Defense

Were you or a loved one recently charged with a crime?  Would you like to clear your criminal record?  Did you fail to appear on your court date?
At the Vargas Law Offices, we understand that a criminal conviction will affect you and your loved ones, and we will ensure that your legal rights are protected.
Our offices handle misdemeanor, felony, DUI, and juvenile cases throughout San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles, and Orange County.  
Contact us right away for a free consultation at our Riverside Office or our Montclair Office so that you can speak with a criminal defense attorney.  We are here to help, call (909)55-HELP-U. That's (909)554-3578.

Click on the following links for more information relating to criminal defense:

Common questions after an arrest: 

What do I need to do if I am placed under arrest?

If you have been arrested, you have the right to remain silent and request to speak to an attorney.  Even if you exercise your right to remain silent, you will still need to tell the police your name and address.  Aside from that information, you can tell them that you want to remain silent, and will not speak to them without your attorney present.  

Do I need to contact a lawyer if I am arrested?

If you have been arrested, it is always a good idea to hire an attorney that will explain your rights to you, review the charges against you and explain the nature of the charges, and ensure that your legal rights are protected.  Our office is experienced with misdemeanor and felony cases, and we will do everything in our power to dismiss the charges, reduce the charges, or reduce the potential punishment.  Contact us right away to set up your free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.  (909)554-3578.

Can I lose my permanent residence if I am convicted of a crime?

Yes, there are certain offenses which immigration has labeled as serious misdemeanors and serious felonies that can result in the loss of your permanent residence and in your deportation.  If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have been arrested, you need to hire a criminal defense attorney that knows the immigration consequences to your case.  We will explain the charges to you, explain the consequences to you, and fight to dismiss or reduce the charges so that you can remain in the U.S. with your family.   Contact us right away to set up your free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.  (909)554-3578.
As an example, domestic violence cases and child abuse cases are commonly charged as misdemeanors, and permanent residents mistakenly believe that these misdemeanors will not affect their resident status.  They take a plea and close the case, only to end up in deportation proceedings, lose their permanent residence, and end up deported and torn away from their home and their family.  Don't let this happen to you, call us right away to schedule your free consultation.

Arrest Warrants

Did you miss your court date?  No problem, we can help with that and can clear any arrest warrants or holds on your driver's license.  Contact us for a free consultation.  We are here to help, call (909)55-HELP-U.  That's (909)554-3578.

Immigration Law

Do you or a loved one need a work permit, residency card (Green Card), or U.S. citizenship?  Are you or a family member facing deportation? 

We are here to help you with all your immigration needs.  We can help with petitions for permanent residency (family based and marriage based petitions), remove conditions on your residency, citizenship applications (naturalization), renew work permits (DACA), and renew your permanent residency.  We are closely monitoring the changes implemented by the executive action on immigration and will gladly answer any questions.  Contact us to schedule an appointment for a free 30 minute consultation.  Our free consultation allows prospective clients to learn about their options and find out how we can help.  Call (909)55-HELP-U to schedule your consultation.  That's (909)554-3578.

Due to liability concerns, we do not offer review services for forms you have filled out on you own or review forms that someone else filled out on your behalf.  We do not give advice as to what forms are necessary.  We cannot answer questions you have while filling out your own forms.